While we were hopeful that we would be able to have a regular meeting prior to summer commencing, it appears that restrictions on capacity at venues makes that too difficult at this time. GBRC does not usually meet in the summer months so we want to wish everyone a wonderful summer break! Lastly, please do not forget to vote on June 9th!
Please see the following information regarding the two options for voting in the June 9th 2020 Statewide Primaries and Runoffs from SCVotes.org:
- Any voter can now select Reason 18 – State of Emergency on the absentee application.
- If voting absentee by mail:
- Get your application now and return it as soon as possible.
- Once you receive your ballot, vote the ballot, and return it as soon as possible.
- If voting absentee in person:
Vote on Election Day
- Election officials are taking steps to protect the health of voters and poll managers:
- Poll managers will receive special Covid-19 training on applying social distancing and maintaining sanitary conditions in the polling place.
- Election officials are working to source:
- Masks, face shields and gloves for poll managers.
- Sneeze guards for check-in stations.
- Sanitizing wipes for cleaning common surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer for voters and poll managers.
- Cotton swabs for making selections on the touchscreen.
- Check-in stations and voting equipment will be spaced at least six feet apart.
- Some polling places will be relocated or consolidated due to the pandemic. Some facilities have declined to be used, and some poll managers have declined to serve. Election officials are working to find new locations and recruit new managers; however, some voters will vote at a different polling place.
- Voters should prepare by:
- Making sure your address is up to date.
- Bringing your Photo ID (or voter registration card if you do not have a Photo ID).
- Checking your polling place at scVOTES.org before going to the polls.
- Wearing a protective mask if you have one.
- Bringing your own pen for signing the poll list.
- Practicing social distancing by spacing yourself at least six feet apart from others.
- Being patient. We are all in this together.
Rachel Wisnefski, PhD
Greater Bluffton Republican Club
GBRC Republican of the Year dinner has been postponed to September 2, 2020 and will still take place at Rose Hill Clubhouse (Oak Terrace) and honoring Rep. Bill Herbkersman. More information will be forthcoming.
Come join us in honoring Representative Bill Herbkersman on Thursday, March 26th at Rose Hill Clubhouse (Oak Terrace), Bluffton, SC. Tickets for the GBRC Republican of the Year dinner are now officially available!
To purchase by cash or check, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase by credit card please go to: https://donorbox.org/2020-gbrc-republican-of-the-year-dinner
Tickets are limited, please purchase early. See you all there!
The Greater Bluffton Republican Club is extremely excited to announce their sixth annual Republican of the Year Dinner on Monday, February 18, 2019 (President’s Day), which will be held at the Rotary Community Center at Oscar Frazier Park in Bluffton, SC at 6:00 PM.
We will be honoring Mr. Rick Caporale as our Greater Bluffton Republican of the Year for 2019. Please show your support for Rick by attending this exciting event. Rick has served 3 terms on both the Beaufort County School Board and Beaufort County Council. Rick was instrumental in issue advocacy on council and helping elect conservatives in 2018. We could not think of anyone more deserving of this award and of our recognition. We expect a very full house.
Donations for the event will be $40.00 each and can be given by calling President Paul Runko at 843-227-9296 or by emailing email@example.com. Donations can be made by cash, check or credit card. To donate by cash or check, please email for more information.
To donate by credit card please go to: https://donorbox.org/2019-republican-of-the-year-dinner
Dinner will be catered from LADY AND SONS in Savannah, GA.
Admission will be on a first come first serve basis. See you there!
The Greater Bluffton Republican Club is extremely excited to announce their fifth annual Republican of the Year Dinner on Sunday, February 18, 2018 (President’s Day weekend), which will be held at Bostwick Pavilion at Moss Creek Plantation at 6:00 PM. The event is sponsored by Hilton Head Lexus and FastFit Body Sculpting.
We will be honoring Mr. Jim Riordan as our Greater Bluffton Republican of the Year for 2018. Please show your support for Jim by attending this exciting event. Jim is the immediate past chairman of the Beaufort County Republican Party and has been instrumental in promoting conservatism in the lowcountry for years. He has worked very diligently to elect Republicans at all levels of government. Jim is an absolute gentleman and has given so much time to the party & community and is very deserving of this award and of our recognition. We expect a very full house.
Tickets will be $60.00* each and can be obtained by calling President Sarah Kimball at 843-422-6485 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets may also be purchased online at https://donorbox.org/2018-republican-of-the-year-dinner.
Tickets are limited, please purchase early. See you there!
*previous price mentioned at January GBRC meeting modified due to final venue invoice price