Oct 25, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Lowcountry GOP Victory Headquarters, 149 Riverwalk Blvd, Suite #11, Ridgeland, SC 29936
Join us for our FINAL Push Campaign Rally. All Candidates + Clubs are welcome. Bring a chair and refreshments and a friend! Music will begin at 2 p.m., Rally from 3-5 p.m.
GBRC will be attending and encourages our membership to attend this fun event!
Oct 04, 8:00 PM – Oct 05, 9:00 PM
Chappelle Auditorium, Allen University, 1530 Harden St, Columbia, SC 29204, USA
The first debate between U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham and Democratic challenger Jaime Harrison.
Sep 28, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
SCETV and SC Public Radio
Political rivals Joe Cunningham and Nancy Mace will meet for their first congressional debate in South Carolina’s top U.S. House race.
While we were hopeful that we would be able to have a regular meeting prior to summer commencing, it appears that restrictions on capacity at venues makes that too difficult at this time. GBRC does not usually meet in the summer months so we want to wish everyone a wonderful summer break! Lastly, please do not forget to vote on June 9th!
Please see the following information regarding the two options for voting in the June 9th 2020 Statewide Primaries and Runoffs from SCVotes.org:
- Any voter can now select Reason 18 – State of Emergency on the absentee application.
- If voting absentee by mail:
- Get your application now and return it as soon as possible.
- Once you receive your ballot, vote the ballot, and return it as soon as possible.
- If voting absentee in person:
Vote on Election Day
- Election officials are taking steps to protect the health of voters and poll managers:
- Poll managers will receive special Covid-19 training on applying social distancing and maintaining sanitary conditions in the polling place.
- Election officials are working to source:
- Masks, face shields and gloves for poll managers.
- Sneeze guards for check-in stations.
- Sanitizing wipes for cleaning common surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer for voters and poll managers.
- Cotton swabs for making selections on the touchscreen.
- Check-in stations and voting equipment will be spaced at least six feet apart.
- Some polling places will be relocated or consolidated due to the pandemic. Some facilities have declined to be used, and some poll managers have declined to serve. Election officials are working to find new locations and recruit new managers; however, some voters will vote at a different polling place.
- Voters should prepare by:
- Making sure your address is up to date.
- Bringing your Photo ID (or voter registration card if you do not have a Photo ID).
- Checking your polling place at scVOTES.org before going to the polls.
- Wearing a protective mask if you have one.
- Bringing your own pen for signing the poll list.
- Practicing social distancing by spacing yourself at least six feet apart from others.
- Being patient. We are all in this together.
Rachel Wisnefski, PhD
Greater Bluffton Republican Club
GBRC Republican of the Year dinner has been postponed to September 2, 2020 and will still take place at Rose Hill Clubhouse (Oak Terrace) and honoring Rep. Bill Herbkersman. More information will be forthcoming.